We used this barbecue sauce on a leftover brisket sandwich recently. It was hands down one of our favorite sandwiches of summer because of this sauce! Well, and the slaw. We’re planning on including this on our next pulled chicken sandwich ~ it’ll be fantastic! Recipe for the brisket sandwich is at the bottom of this page. Please check out all the recipes I included like the crunchy creamy coleslaw, chipotle mayonnaise and dill butter. All together – they make a great sandwich!! ND please look at the other suggested ways to enjoy this barbecue sauce. It’s fun and pretty easy to make. So please make it!
RASPBERRY BARBECUE SAUCE
Makes approximately 1 quart
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 large chipotle pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (we used Penzy’s)
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- (1) 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 2 T water
- 1 T adobo
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 C fresh organic raspberries (or marion berries or blackberries)
- 1/4 C fresh organic basil, chopped
- 1/4 C organic brown sugar
- 1/4 C raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add olive oil, shallots and thyme and sauce for 3 minutes. Stirring so not to burn. Add chopped chipotle, garlic, paprika Dijon, tomato paste, water, adobo, liquid smoke and vinegar and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add raspberries, basil, sugar, honey, salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. If you need to add a little more water for desired thickness, you can. With an emulsion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth and silky. Once blended, push sauce through a sieve to remove raspberry seeds. Refrigerate in a glass jar with lid until ready to enjoy!
- So good on street tacos with shredded chicken or beef.
- Dollop on individual mini corn quiche. AMAZING
- Slather on ribs or meatballs
- Serve on a charcuterie platter with smoked cheeses, fruits, meats and sausage
- Try on a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese, bacon and a slice of tomato
- Try the brisket sandwich below!