- 6 ears farm fresh corn, shucked
- 6 T unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C freshly grated pecorino
- 1/2 C freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 C fresh organic basil, chopped (or fresh thyme chopped), plus more for garnish
- 2 T cracked black pepper
Set grill to medium-high. Cook corn for about 10 minutes, until it becomes a little more golden and lightly charred.
Picture credit goes to NYT. I never seem to remember to take pictures when I make this. Next year …
A slightly different version of this is with goat cheese and olive oil instead of butter, pecorino and parmesan. A vegan option could be achieved with the recipe below. Same cooking time and herbs, use olive oil and vegan goat cheese instead. We have not tried this goat cheese recipe, but hear it is really tasty.
- 1 C raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 C raw macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
- 1/4 C filtered water
- 1 T organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
In food processor, combine cashews, macadamia nuts, vinegar, lemon juice, and water. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a sterilized glass jar. Cover with tea towel and secure with rubber band. Leave at room temperature overnight.