The yogurt parfait featured in this recipe is so good. It highlights a homemade granola I called Ambrosia Granola with Dried Apricots & Nuts. Recipe link at the bottom of page.
This is a good rush-to-school breakfast! When our kids were littles, I made yogurt parfaits on a regular basis. This was a go-to on those hectic mornings when we would drive to school. A pint jar layered with fresh fruit, yogurt and homemade granola was easy to pull together so they could eat in the car. You can add any fresh fruit you have on hand; peaches, pears, apples, bananas, berries, pineapple — anything goes.
Makes 4 parfaits
- 2 C Nancy’s organic yogurt (full fat) OR Greek yogurt
- 1 C Ambrosia Granola with dried Apricots & Nuts
- 1 C fruit of choice, diced (a combination of fruits are the best Like honey crisp apples, berries, bananas)
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- clear glass bowls, pint jars or tall glasses
With these amounts, each parfait will have a half cup of yogurt. You can certainly add more or less if you’d like to. Layer the parfait so you have at least two layers of yogurt and two layers of granola with fresh fruit. Finish with granola and fruit on top for a more visually appealing parfait. Drizzle with honey and garnish with mint if so desired.
ABROSIA GRANOLA with DRIED APRICOTS & NUTS