A couple of weeks ago, I came across this cocktail. Thought it sounded good and then found out it’s blood orange season. Hence this refreshing, summer-like beverage coming out in the middle of winter! This was really tasty and the fresh blood orange juice was fabulous. Super Bowl is coming – make it a Sun-day Fun-day.
- 1-1/2 ounces blanco tequila, like Herradura Silver. (our liquor store manager recommended this one)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1/4 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- for rimming the glass: lime juice, equal parts salt, sugar and ancho chili
- slices of blood orange and limes
Rub glass rim with a slice of lime and rim the glass with your salt, sugar, ancho chili mixture. Fill your glass half way with ice, slightly crushed. In an ice filled shaker, add all ingredients, shake really well and carefully pour into glass so not to knock off your pretty rim. Garnish glass with slice of blood orange and a half slice of lime into the drink.
- If you are not able to get fresh blood oranges, you can find blood orange juice at specialty stores and sometimes at liquor stores. Then garnish with regular oranges and limes.
- This would be an easy cocktail to make in a big pitcher, ready to go in rimmed glasses for incoming guests.